Where it all began…
University of Arizona
Player of the Year (2010)
Player of the Year (2011)
The Boys 14s final between No. 6 Dennis Novikov and No. 2 Carlos Bermudez (pictured above, right to left) was led by the latter from beginning to end. Despite some long points and quite an effort from Dennis, Carlos was right on and took it 6-1,6-1
High School Tennis
Carlos was born and raised in Tucson, Arizona and has played tennis of all levels nationally, internationally, and at the collegiate and professional levels. He has spent thousands of hours on court with world-class coaches and the world’s most elite tennis players. He was part of the first group of eight top American Juniors to be selected to attend the USTA high performance training center in Boca Raton, Florida. Carlos reached as high as No. 1 in the nation as a junior and has won several national titles, as well as earned a silver (clay) and bronze ball (hard). Carlos is also the holder of three Arizona state titles and received the Fred G. Acosta student-athlete of the year award, was the selected twice as the Arizona player of the year, and also received the AZ most valuable player award for both his Junior and Senior years of high school. Thereafter, Carlos went on to play for the NCAA Division 1 University of Arizona tennis team where he was a four-year letter winner; competing at the No. 2 position as a freshman and compiling wins over top ranked opponents like USC, Cal, Oregon and Utah. Carlos graduated in 2015 with a Bachelor of Science in Public Management and Policy with an Emphasis in Criminal Justice Administration and minored in Education. Carlos was also an assistant coach for the University of Arizona wheelchair tennis team for the 2014/15 years. Currently, Carlos still plays competitively and enjoys coaching individuals of all levels. He has worked with both beginning and high performance juniors at various academies, and is very passionate about helping individuals of all levels and ages reach their full potential.
- Academic Champion Award, University of Arizona – [2015.]
- Four-year varsity letter winner for University of Arizona Tennis.
- Played for the University of Arizona (Division 1) Pac-12 tennis team as a freshman. No. 5 and 6 as a sophomore. Wins over top ranked USC, Cal, Oregon and Utah.
- Three-time AZ state champion for Palo Verde High School.
- Student Athlete of The Month, University of Arizona, C.A.T.S. Academics [2014.]
- Team state title [2010.]
- ESPN Cover Story [2011.]
- MVP of Arizona, Junior  and Senior years [2011.]
- Fred G. Acosta Student Athlete of the Year Award, [2011.]
- Congressional recognition from U.S. Representative Raul Grijalva for academic and athletic performance [2011.]
- AIA Scholar-Athlete Award, [2010-2011.]
- Selected among top eight American juniors for U.S.T.A High Performance Training in Boca Raton, Fla.
- U.S. Junior Davis cup team [2007.]
- Formerly ranked #1 in the United States as a Junior
- Won five national titles, one silver ball, and one bronze ball.
- ITF Pro Circuit (International Tennis Federation) contender.